SAS Security Guards are well trained and alert…
Our personnel is the foundation upon which our business is built and this is what we in turn market to our clients.
This ensures that we recruit the best security guards possible from the joint “pool” from which all security companies are forced to draw.
Our selection procedure is extremely strict and we ensure that our clients’ high expectations are met by means of this procedure.
In this section of our presentation, our goal is to try and explain the steps that we take to ensure that you are supplied with the best possible caliber of security officer.
Security Guards Specification
The officer specification is undoubtedly the most important factor in determining the recruitment of security officers, as this is the product which we market.
Careful attention is paid to the following points which, with very few exceptions, is the minimum standard we are prepared to accept.
- Physically fit and in good health.
- Minimum height 1.60m / 5’6’.
- Weight of approximately 70 kilograms / 157 pounds.
- Aged between 20 and 40 years old.
- Fluency in English and Afrikaans.
- Even tempered and self confident.
- Registered with the Security Officers Board and full background checks completed.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous security experience.
- Points number 3 and 4 are however negotiable against skills.
Security Guards Pre-Employment Screening
- Must be registered by the Security Officers Board.
- Must have relevant training certificates from an accredited training institute.
- Completion of application forms.
- Clean track record / background checks / reference checks / ITC checks.
- Height 1.6 meters.
- No serious illnesses.
- Age group between 20 and 40 years old.
- Possession of a valid I. D. document.
Security Guards Uniform Policy
At SAS Security we have two basic types of uniform, namely the military look and the corporate look.
For your particular application and client profile, we would recommend the corporate look as being most suitable.
When one makes use of the corporate look, this should be the only uniform being worn by Security Officers permanently deployed.
The choice of uniform would often depend on the work environment and the image to be portrayed.
All Security Officers receive their uniform free of charge. They also receive a monthly cleaning allowance for their uniforms.
This uniform may be worn mainly in commercial environments as well as some retail environments.
This uniform may be worn mainly in industrial environments as well as some retail environments.
Security Officers Board
The security officer’s board is the governing body of the security industry. At SAS Security we pay particular attention to complying with these legal requirements in the running our company.
In all the years that we have been in existence, we have never received a fine or penalty for non-compliance with the stipulations as laid down by the Board.
All security officers in our employ are required by law to carry their S.O.B. registration cards on their person.
In addition to this, there are certain sites which have their own unique identification cards, which the security officers carry on their person.
Everyone in the employ of the company is registered with the S.O.B., from executive management to administration and clerical staff.